- 1/4 cup Adam’s Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Fresh line and crushed red pepper, if desired
Instructions (from Pillsbury):
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, gingerroot and garlic using whisk.
- Add chicken and broccoli to bowl; toss to coat.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly onto sheet pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center and broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir gently before serving. Squeeze lime over chicken and broccoli. Garnish servings with remaining ingredients.
Time to Prepare: 35-40 minutes (15 minutes of preparation and 20-25 minutes of baking)
As I mentioned in my review earlier this week, Adam’s Creamy Natural Peanut Butter is a little too runny to be enjoyed in a PB&J, but this same drawback makes it perfect for baking and cooking. This recipe proved me right. Adam’s Creamy Natural Peanut Butter extreme creaminess allows the peanut butter to magically occupy each and every crevice of both the broccoli and the chicken. After a few bites, I would look suspiciously upon my next bite, doubting the peanut butter taste that I knew was sure to come. I’m happy to say that my doubts were disproven each and every time.
ProTip for all of the parents out there: If you child hates vegetables but enjoys peanut butter (i.e., if your child was like me growing up), this recipe is your solution. Convince them to take that first bite and the broccoli will disappear off of their plate. Of course, you’ll also be establishing a dangerous percent where your child will expect all vegetables to be doused in peanut butter, but hey, at least they’re being more cooperative.
In addition to introducing me to the wonders of peanut butter broccoli, Pillsbury’s Peanut Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner recipe is also incredibly easy to make. Just a couple of short mixing steps, spreading everything across your prepared sheet pan, baking, then enjoy! It’s also very filling, as one serving combined with a side of white rice was more than enough to fill me up for dinner. If you’re looking to add some variety, I recommend some egg rolls or spring rolls along with sweet and sour sauce. The crunchiness of the egg rolls or spring rolls would be nice complement to the other textures, and the sweet and sour sauce would be a great addition to an otherwise savory meal.
For the reasons stated above — it’s easy, delicious, and a perfect use of Adam’s Creamy Natural Peanut Butter — I can’t recommend Pillsbury’s Peanut Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner recipe enough!
Have you tried this recipe? What are your favorite peanut butter-inspired dinner recipes? Leave a comment below!